Have you ever wondered what your past life might have looked like, who you were, and how it might have impacted the person you are today? How do we access information about our past lives if we are reborn? No one knows what happens after death, so there will be no precise answers – but some mean we can peek under the hood and get glimpses of our former selves.
Tarot spreads guide a tarot reader to explore present lives by accessing more profound levels of consciousness and uncovering hidden memories and emotions related to past lives. Meditating or performing self-hypnosis on your signifier tarot card are other ways of accessing information about past lives.
With the help of tarot, we can understand who we were and what experiences from past lives might impact our current life. Of course, no one has ever proven that it is possible to look back in time – but many techniques and methods are commonly used to access a glimpse of former events.
Tarot as a tool for exploring past lives
Tarot has been used for centuries as a means of divination and self-discovery, and its use in exploring past lives is just one of the many ways it can be utilized.
Past lives can often seem like a mystery, shrouded in uncertainty and hidden from our conscious minds. However, tarot can offer a window into these past experiences, helping you understand who you were, what you experienced, and how those experiences may affect your present life.
It’s important to note that tarot readings should not be used as a substitute for professional therapy or medical treatment. However, they can be a valuable tool for personal growth and self-discovery.
Choosing the Right Tarot Deck
Choosing a deck that resonates with you is important when using tarot to explore your past lives. This can be a deck you already have or one you feel drawn to purchase.
Take some time to get to know the deck, examining the images and symbols on each card and considering what they may mean to you.
When you explore past lives, you use your psychic mind and need a deck to tap into the Ether. It is of much higher importance that you find a deck compatible with you than in other cases.
It is not hard finding it, so don’t freak out! Just let your gut feeling guide you. You can browse the internet, look at the card previews, or go to a store and feel them in your hand. If you have a friend that reads the cards, you can ask if you can look at their collection.
I instantly know when I found the right deck. It is the Original Rider Waite deck or the Crow Tarot. If you want to look at my favorite tarot decks, you can find them here.
Creating a Spread for Past Life Exploration
Once you have chosen a deck, you may want to create a specific spread for exploring your past lives.
A spread is a layout of tarot cards used to gain insight into a specific question or subject. With the help of the tarot spread, you can tap into the Ether and gain information about your past.
Many different spreads can be used for past-life exploration, but a simple three-card spread is a great place to start.
The fewer tarot cards you have, the easier it is to decipher the message. It is easy to get lost in all the information and nuances that you miss the tree for the forest,
If you want to learn more about past-life tarot spreads, you will find many helpful tarot spreads in the article below.
Related article: Tarot spreads for past lives
The past-life tarot card spread
To simplify the process, I love to share my favorite past-life spread with you.
Tarot card positions
- Representation of your past life
- What lessons have you brought forward in this life
- How is your past life affecting your current life
How to use the tarot spread for past life exploration
Shuffle your deck and lay three cards in a line to use this spread. The first card represents your past life, the second card represents the lessons or experiences you brought forward into this life, and the third card represents how these experiences are affecting you in your present life.
As you look at each card, take some time to consider its meaning and how it relates to your past lives.
You may want to keep a journal to record your insights, observations, and any questions or ideas that arise as you work with the tarot.
To gain the most helpful insights, you must prepare by making a clear intention to learn about your past lives, tap into the Ether, and open your heart to receive any message you need to hear (not necessarily the ones you want to hear).
If you want to learn more about preparing before a tarot reading, I invite you to read the article below.
Related article: Get the most out of your tarot reading: 5 ways to prepare
Combining Tarot with Other Forms of Past Life Exploration
In addition to exploring your past lives through tarot, engaging in other forms of past life exploration can also be helpful, such as regression therapy or meditation.
Several techniques can support and enhance your tarot reading when exploring your past lives. Some of these include:
- Regression therapy: This is a therapeutic technique that uses hypnosis to access past life memories. A trained therapist guides you through a past life regression, helping you explore and understand past experiences that may impact your present life.
- Meditation: Meditation can help quiet the mind, making accessing past life memories and experiences easier. There are many different forms of meditation, but one specifically for past exploration involves visualizing yourself in a past life and allowing yourself to observe what unfolds.
- Journaling: Keeping a journal is a great way to record your experiences and insights from your past life exploration. Writing down what you see, feel, and hear during a tarot reading or after a meditation or regression can help you to clarify and process your experiences. It is not uncommon for visions or messages to appear weeks or months later.
- Crystals and stones: Certain crystals and stones can aid in past life exploration by helping to open your third eye and enhancing your intuition. Amethyst, for example, is a powerful crystal for accessing past lives and is often used during meditation or hypnosis sessions.
- Dreamwork: Paying attention to your dreams can also provide insights into your past lives. Keeping a dream journal and writing down your dreams as soon as you wake up can help you to remember and interpret them.
By combining tarot with these supportive techniques, you can better understand your past lives and how they may impact you in the present.
The key is approaching your past life exploration with an open mind and a willingness to explore the unknown.
Exploring past lives through meditation or self-hypnosis
You can use self-hypnosis and meditation to access information about your past lives by creating a state of heightened suggestibility and relaxation. This allows you to access your subconscious mind and retrieve memories from past lives.
Self-hypnosis is a mental state in which you hypnotize yourself. It involves inducing a trance-like state by using relaxation techniques.
The goal of self-hypnosis is to access the subconscious mind, which is believed to be the source of psychic information. However, it’s important to note that the effectiveness of self-hypnosis is still a matter of scientific debate, and more research is needed to understand its benefits and limitations fully.
You can use a signifier card representing the past life you want to explore.
Focusing on this card during meditation and self-hypnosis triggers your subconscious to reveal information about your past lives, including memories, emotions, and experiences.
However, it’s important to remember that scientific evidence does not support the concept of past lives and their access through self-hypnosis and meditation.
If you want to learn more about how you find your signifier card (a significator card), you will find a helpful article below. In the article, I share how to find it and how you use them in tarot spreads to gain deeper insights into a situation or happening.
Related article: Significator cards in tarot: How to choose
How to self-hypnosis using a significator card
To perform self-hypnosis using a signifier card, follow these steps:
- Choose a quiet and comfortable place to sit or lie down. Make sure you will not be disturbed during the self-hypnosis session.
- Prepare your signifier card. This can be any image or symbol that represents the past life you want to explore.
- Get into a relaxed state. You can close your eyes and take slow, deep breaths. Focus on your breath and release any tension in your body.
- Hold the signifier card in your hands and focus on it. Study the details of the image and let your thoughts wander.
- Start the self-hypnosis induction process. You can use positive affirmations to yourself, such as “I am relaxed and open to exploring my past lives, or you can do breathwork. Imagine how you slowly take ten steps down a flight of stairs to reach the Ether.
- As you continue holding the signifier card, visualize yourself returning to the past life you want to explore. Allow yourself to fully immerse in the visualization and let your imagination guide you.
- Once you feel fully immersed, ask yourself questions about the past life you are exploring. For example, ask, “What was my name?” or “What did I look like?” Listen to your inner voice and allow any information to come to you.
- End the self-hypnosis session by counting from 1 to 5, slowly opening your eyes, and taking a deep breath. You can also imagine how you move up ten stairs to reach “our world” and full consciousness.
It’s important to remember that self-hypnosis is not a scientifically proven method, and the information obtained should be taken with a grain of salt.
Inherited wisdom is hidden deep within
The cards can serve as a tool for accessing the collective unconscious and uncovering past life experiences that may still affect you in the present.
Through a tarot reading, you can gain a deeper understanding of your soul’s journey and identify patterns, themes, and karmic lessons from previous lifetimes. This can provide clarity and insight into your current situation and help you to make more informed decisions about your future.
I often refer to this as inherent wisdom, information that we store deep inside us and is inherited from generation to generation. Some are more connected to their subconscious mind than others and might get glimpses of past lives in dreams, during meditation, or even as visions.
I look at it like the inherent fear of spiders and other dangerous animals. We react due to the information stored deep inside; we sometimes don’t even understand why. We might jump and scream if we see a snake on the road or a spider in the sink. It is like a reflex that we have no power over,
Tarot is a powerful tool for exploring your past lives. It offers a way to dive into the unknown with openness and curiosity.
Whether you are a seasoned tarot practitioner or just starting, using tarot to explore your past lives can help you better understand who you were, what you experienced, and how those experiences impact your life today.
So why not try it and see where the cards take you on your journey of self-discovery?
THE DEFINITIONS IN THIS ARTICLE ARE BASED ON THE RIDER WAITE DECK AND SYSTEM.
- Soul’s Journey: Meaning of Major Arcana CardsNot sure what the Major Arcana tarot cards mean? No worries, in this article, you learn everything you need to know, and more!
- Unveiling Infidelity: 10 Tarot Cards Speak OutFind out if the tarot cards indicate infidelity. I share the top 10 cards, card combos, and what suit you should look out for.