You have fallen in love with tarot and want to learn to read the cards yourself. But should you read your cards? Is there anything you should consider? It is not uncommon for this kind of question to pop up when you are about to jump on the tarot learning train,
If you read your own tarot cards, you gain more profound knowledge about yourself and strengthen your self-esteem and acceptance. The drawbacks are that it is hard to be objective and not let your desires and fears influence the reading.
As with everything, reading your own tarot cards always has pros and cons. Knowing the ups and downs will help you make a knowledgeable decision about how you want to proceed. In this article, you find everything you need to know exactly what to do.
Pros: A deeper understanding of yourself
There are many benefits of reading tarot cards yourself instead of letting someone else read them for you; when you read them yourself, you learn how to tap into your intuition. This is a skill that will be helpful in most areas of life.
You will also be able to grow your self-knowledge, build self-love, and lift your self-esteem. When you include tarot into your lifestyle, the benefits open like a floodgate. The spiritual gifts are so many that it is hard to cover them all; in the list below, you will find the most profound benefits, but of course, there are more,
Benefits of reading your own tarot cards
- Self-discovery: Tarot can help you gain insight into your thoughts, emotions, and motivations, leading to a deeper understanding of yourself.
- Clarity: By focusing on specific questions or areas of concern, tarot can provide clarity and guidance, helping you make informed decisions.
- Empowerment: Reading your own cards can help you take responsibility for your life as you interpret the messages.
- Creative expression: Tarot can be an enjoyable and expressive self-expression, encouraging you to explore your imagination and intuition.
- Relaxation: Tarot can be a relaxing and meditative activity, helping to reduce stress and increase well-being.
- Personal growth: Tarot can offer personal growth and spiritual development opportunities, helping you navigate life’s challenges and reach your full potential.
- Psychic abilities: Reading the tarot will help you strengthen your psychic abilities. This will be beneficial in most areas of your life.
If you want to learn more about the fantastic benefits of tarot overall, look at the article below!
Related article: 10 surprising benefits of tarot: How it can improve your life
Cons: Difficulty in maintaining objectivity
One of the biggest cons of reading your own cards is that you easily get tricked by the Ego. Keeping objectivity when you ask questions close to your heart can be very hard. You might want a certain outcome, and it is easy to look for the signs to support it in the cards.
There are a few potential drawbacks to reading your own tarot cards. It is not hard to notice that lack of objectivity is at the center of them all.
Drawbacks of reading your own tarot cards
- Lack of objectivity: When you read your own cards, you may unconsciously allow your own biases and emotions to affect your interpretation of the cards, which can lead to inaccurate or misleading readings.
- Limited perspective: Reading your own cards can provide insight into your own thoughts and feelings, but it may not give you a broader perspective on the situation. This can be especially problematic if you are trying to make important decisions.
- Difficulty in separating from the situation: If you are deeply involved in a situation or emotionally attached to a particular outcome, it can be challenging to understand the situation objectively by reading your own cards.
- Limited skill development: Regularly reading your own cards can limit your ability to improve your tarot skills and deepen your understanding of the tarot as a tool for divination and self-discovery.
The more experienced you are and get to know yourself better, the easier it will be to duck the nasty ego. It is almost impossible to be 100% objective when reading your own cards.
If you are faced with an important decision or feel that you have difficulty departing from your emotions, desires, and fears, it might be a great idea to ask a friend or tarot reader for help. I tend to ask a fellow tarot reader for help when my mind is murky and unfocused,
If you need a reading, I am always here for you. You find my contacts here,
Is Reading Your Own Tarot Cards Right for You?
Whether or not reading your own tarot cards is right for you depends on several factors, including your goals, your level of experience with the tarot, and your level of objectivity.
If you are looking for an in-depth understanding of your thoughts, feelings, and innermost desires, then reading your own tarot cards can be a valuable tool for self-discovery and personal growth.
However, suppose you seek to gain a broader perspective on a situation or make important decisions. In that case, it may be recommended to seek the insights of a trusted friend or a professional tarot reader.
Ultimately, the choice of whether to read your own tarot cards is a personal one that depends on your individual needs and circumstances.
You should never be afraid to read your own tarot cards; the only thing that will happen is that you learn more about yourself. Always keep an open mind and allow yourself to grow as a reader; not everything will be perfect the first or second time.
If you know the drawbacks of reading your own cards, you can focus on eliminating the factors leading to incorrect or unhelpful readings.
THE DEFINITIONS IN THIS ARTICLE ARE BASED ON THE RIDER WAITE DECK AND SYSTEM.
- Tarot Court Cards: What They AreNot sure what tarot court cards are or look like? No worries, in this article, you learn everything you need to know to identify and understand them.
- 5 Powerful Tarot Spreads for Dream InterpretationThe 5 most potent tarot spreads for interpreting your dreams. A list of common symbols is included.